TRAVELLING TO MANCHESTER
Located in the centre of the UK- Manchester is served by strong road, rail and air links which makes it easily accessible to visitors from all over the world.
Manchester has its own airport and is well-served by public transport. It also has an excellent range of hotels from budget to high-end.
Please find information on flights and rail travel between Paris and Manchester below.
Jet2 offer low cost flights between Paris and Manchester, the flight time is 90 minutes and from Manchester Airport delegates can take a regular train service to Manchester Piccadilly Railway Station in twenty minutes for a cost of approx £4.99 or a taxi that takes twenty minutes for approximately £25. Manchester Piccadilly is located in the heart of the city centre and is 15 minutes from Manchester Central, the main congress venue and a number of accommodation providers.
Manchester is at the heart of a comprehensive motorway network. Manchester's M60 orbital motorway provides easy access from north, south, east and west.
- M6 (from south – Stoke-on-Trent, Birmingham) - leave the M6 at junction 19, just after Knutsford Services. Follow the A556 towards Altrincham and pick up the M56 towards Manchester Airport. Follow the motorway onto the A5103 (Princess Parkway), then follow signs for Manchester Central, Petersfield.
- M6 (from north – Preston, Blackpool, Carlisle) - leave the M6 at junction 21a for the M62 towards Manchester. At junction 12, join the M602 and continue to the end of the motorway (Regent Road Roundabout, Salford). Follow signs to the city centre along Regent Road, and then to Manchester Central, Petersfield.
- M62 (from west – Liverpool) - at M62 junction 12, join the M602 and continue to the end of the motorway (Regent Road Roundabout, Salford). Follow signs to the city centre along Regent Road, and then to Manchester Central, Petersfield.
- M62 (from east – Leeds, Yorkshire) - at M62 junction 18, join the M60 west-bound. Take junction 17 onto the A56 (Bury New Road) and follow signs to the city centre, and then to Manchester Central, Petersfield.
- M56 (from west – North Wales, Chester, Ellesmere Port) - follow the M56 past Manchester Airport. Continue onto the A5103 (Princess Parkway), then follow signs for Manchester Central, Petersfield.
For parking, Manchester Central's on-site NCP car park is open 24 hours and the most convenient option. If using a satellite navigation system - please follow the postcode M2 3GX.
The journey time between Paris Nord and London St Pancras is 2 hours 17 minutes. From St Pancras the delegate would have to travel to London Euston, it’s a 10 – 15 minute walk, from London Euston there are regular trains (3 per hour) to Manchester, with a journey time of just over two hours bringing the delegates into Manchester Piccadilly, fares for this journey vary and are best booked in advance, off-peak travel after 10:00am is often much better value.
ARRIVING IN MANCHESTER
Manchester's extensive multi-modal public transport network makes it easy to travel in and around Greater Manchester.
Find out more at www.tfgm.com or phone Traveline on 0871 200 22 33. You can also visit a Travelshop at main bus stations throughout Greater Manchester, including Manchester Piccadilly Gardens and Shudehill Interchange.
Metroshuttle and Metrolink
Metroshuttle buses are free and link the city centre's main rail stations, shopping areas and businesses. Click here for more information on routes.
Metrolink is a convenient tram network serving Manchester city centre and further afield. Metrolink runs every few minutes from early morning until late in the evening. You don’t need a timetable, just turn up, buy your ticket and the next Metrolink will be along shortly.
Metrolink operates through both Piccadilly and Victoria stations. Manchester Central's nearest Metrolink stop is St Peter’s Square. From there, we're just a few minutes on foot, right behind the Midland Hotel.
Routes and information can be found at www.metrolink.co.uk
Manchester Central works with Manchester’s black cab drivers to make sure they know when the venue is going to be busy. There is a dedicated taxi rank at the front of the venue for pick ups and drop offs. Black cab taxis are readily available at Manchester Airport and both Piccadilly and Victoria train stations.